Monday, April 4, 2011

Wind, wind and more wind

Considering the wind factor, there are a few places if you are still considering a place to do some in shore fishing. Yesterday myself and a couple friends of mine decided to head over to Rockefella refuge. We manged to catch 7 redfish, 3 trout and 2 flounder. Most of the fish were caught on artificial, except for the flounders. There just wasn't one bait that would consistently catch. But the only thing in common with all of them was chartreause color, whether is be jig head or bait color. We caught our fish in the first bayou to the right, that heads back towards the biologist head quarters. We fished the
 north bank. I spoke with a couple of crabbers and from what I gathered they are catching a few but they are big. I have heard some reports around the burns point area, specifically the humble canal of a pretty decent redfish bite. Also Quintana, launching out of the Franklin canal is also producing some bass. Again I have not gone myself so I cant account for the exact bait or specific location. I will head out Wednesday to one of the above locations I previously mentioned. As far as the upcoming weekend Ill be fishing the Cocodrie area, so be looking for a report hopefully Friday evening. I will try and go Friday to give everyone a better edge before they make there final decision as to where to spend the weekend. Also a friend of mine went out last Tuesday to the bluffs and managed to catch a limit of redfish in 15 minutes, using market shrimp under a popping cork. On another note, Friday I flew the coast line from basically Venice to Lake Charles and I can tell you the water is terrible from basically Wax Lake outlet to Rockafella refuge. But around the Marsh Island area there was one spot of decent water. It was from East point Marsh Island to South point Marsh Island, extending out maybe a half of mile. It was rite up against the coastline. But I'm sure with the way the wind has been blowing its stirred up that area. Once the wind dies down that area will clean up faster than any other area. Well again have a great week on the water and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment