Friday, April 15, 2011

Scouting report

First off, I fished Wednesday morning again around the Lake Boudreaux area. Caught several speckle trout in Lake Robinson and a red on the north end of Lake Boudreaux. The bait of choice was gulp natural colored shrimp, 3 inch , under a popping cork. The big trout where caught on a top dog, chartreause color. Secondly, today I spent the morning scouting around the point area, for the Catholic High Fishing Rodeo this weekend. I could of told you before even hooking up the boat that the water was going to be chocolate and rough, but I wanted to run my other boat. With out fail, yes the water is terrible. I did not go in marsh Island but I'm sure there is some decent water there. I would recommend heading east, at least toward the Four League bay area at a minimums. For some inshore action Dularge and Cocodrie is where the bite is. A little info on Catholic Highs tournament. It starts today, and ends Sunday. The final way in is Sunday at 2pm. I spoke with the weigh master and he said that all fish must me weighed in fresh, and the species are reds, specks, flounder, drum and croakers. All proceeds go to Catholic Highs athletic department. Also for the members fishing, Sunday they are drawing names for a Cypress Swing, A speckle trout trip, and Action Specialties and Buck Fin and Feathers donated items. Anyway more info is on there flyer. But it looks like a good time. Hope to see every one there. Well be safe out there and have a good weekend on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment