Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday morning, Lake Boudreaux

Ive been waiting for the past 5 days for the wind to die down to get on the water. Weather man called for light winds, when actually all it did was change direction, North at 15mph. Started the morning off great. Launched at Boudreaux canal and headed north. Entered the 2nd bayou on the right and started fishing. 3rd cast had a nice speck hit my chartreause top dog. Picked up my popping cork rigged with a gulp natural shrimp with white jig head and my very first fish was a 18 in trout. Within 20 minutes managed to put 8 specs and 1 nice red in the ice chest. The reason for only 8 fish is because to my misfortune I only had 2 gulp natural shrimps in all my tackle. I tried every bait possible and could not
get them to hit another bait. The tide is really falling hard in the morning and the water is salty and has a good color everywhere. I ended up giving my fish to a older man and his son. They drove from Baton Rouge area in a turbo diesel jetta pulling a 19 foot bay boat with a 150 four stroke. The hitch was as high as the tail lights. Man times are getting tight. I bet he had a full size truck sitting in the drive way. Anywho I'm headed back out in the morning, and so far its looking promising. The wind has died already and the tide will be falling once again. Good luck to everyone and again be safe out there. Ill be heading to Cypremort Point to pre-fish for the Catholic High Tournament this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment