Sunday, March 14, 2010

FASHION AND OLD(ER) WOMEN.

Interesting question for you! Is it ok for older women to dress fashionably. In other words, is it ok for them to wear short dresses, show cleavage, wear make up, high heels, color hair, dress sexy, etc, etc. Yes, I have heard many folks comment on a middle age or older woman, saying, she must act her age now, she is getting to old to wear short dresses, or wear her hair long, or wear high heeled boots with a mini, or bright colors... I then feel like telling them that they are just jealous, and when I know the person making the comment well enough, I normally tell them exactly that. Unfortunately it is mostly woman who make these kind of comments, sorry girls, but it is true, and then they are normally nothing to look at, not because they do not have potential, but because they just do not care to look attractive.

Take Cindy Crawford for example, she is in her mid forties, still sexy? For sure! Can she still wear short dresses, show cleavage? My opinion, nothing wrong with it. As long as she feels comfortable with it, why not? With beautiful legs like hers, definitely!



How about Joan Collins? She is mid 70's, and she must be one of the most beautiful ladies of all times. Now what would you say, is she supposed to still dress according to the latest fashion, short skirts, cleavage, heels, etc. Looking at this pic, I honestly cannot see why not. Can you?



And Sophia Loren, also mid 70's, is she allowed to still dress sexy? Again, as long as she feel comfortable with it, why not. In this pic she looks smoking hot, a beautiful revealing red dress and high heeled sandals. A true picture of sex appeal, of an almost 80 year old dame.... I see nothing wrong with it.



I honestly believe, if a girl's got it, she's allowed to flaunt it. Do not understand me wrong, I am not saying trashy flaunting, if you get my drift, I mean within limits, like Cindy is demonstrating in this picture. She looks sexy, yet classy, elegant and beautiful.



Jenna Dewan demonstrates a younger version of fashionable, sexy and elegant dressing. Love the slip in that dress! And she looks stunning.



Now my opinion on this subject is, first of all, when is someone considered too old to dress fashionably or sexy? 40, 50? 60? 70? I believe, age is but a number and cannot really be defined until you consider yourself "too old." I would never stop my wife from dressing sexy when she gets older, fortunately I am much older than her, so before she reaches the age of "too old" I will not be around anymore... meaning when she reaches 90....lol...I'll be dead and gone....long gone.

So what is your opinion on this subject, are older ladies like Joan Collins or Sophia for instance, too old to dress in short skirts or heels? Or color their hair? When is someone too old to dress sexy? I'd love to hear what you think.

Have a wonderful week and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment