Tuesday, June 1, 2010

FASHION: TURN ON AND TURN OFF.

I had a very interesting request for a next post from my dear friend, Dena of Pretty Little Things. This is what Dena said:

"Colin I like to see more post from you on beauty seen by men, what do they find attractive in a woman when it comes to character and looks.

"What are the biggest turn off according to Colin?"

Mighty dangerous ground? Yep, it is, specially coz 90% of my readers are ladies.

I think men are more inclined to look at a girl's "outer" than her "inner" qualities.... first impressions anyway.

What I first look for in a girl is femininity, I like a girl that is soft, feminine and girly. She doesn't have to be drop dead gorgeous, or have a perfect figure. There are loads of less beautiful and less sexy girls out there that will catch the average male eye just as fast as the most beautiful girl in the world. (sometimes even faster, coz the most beautiful girl might think the sun is shining out of her backside, a major turn off!) Now to me there are certain things that are synonym with femininity, and again, this is my preferences. Long, well kept hair, color varnished nails, make up, a dress or skirt, heels, ear rings. You will notice that these are all things that a man is not suppose to use or have, or wear.

Let's look at Heather Tom, the perfect example of what a girl should look like. Now I specially love her hair.



Something else that catches my eye is confidence. Confidence in a nice way, not the "I know I am gorgeous and everyone else is ugly" kinda confidence, coz that is a major turn off. Not just to men.

Here is another example of what a typical girl should look like - hair perfectly done, nails painted, red lips, well dressed and heels. Now do not get me wrong, I know a girl cannot look like this all the time, but at least when you go somewhere with someone special, make an effort to look special.



Other turn offs, and I speak for myself here. Bad odors, no matter, male or female, man I wanna get sick when someone smells like an open grave. I think that is the most terrible turnoff for me.

When I look at a girl, first things I notice are her nails and hair. Long well kept hair to me is a bonus, and the same with nails. Nails with colored nail varnish on, and half the varnish is chipped off, YUK. Goo under the nails....bleeeh, terrible.

I have posted this pic before, but this is the perfect example of what a girl should NOT look like. If you zoom in on her one hand you will notice chipped nail varnish. If you zoom in on her feet, you will notice......uhm, don't rightly know what to call that, you call it what ever you like..... I just know, if I had to go somewhere with her, I'd politely ask her to walk some ten paces ahead of me, just so people don't think we are together.



Unshaven armpits and unshaven legs.... yuk! Another turn off.

You know, I think loads of people get divorced simply because people let go. The believe or attitude is, I am married now, I do not have to look after myself anymore, be that male or female. You got to keep looking great for your partner, no matter what. Your partner must be proud to go places with you. Make small changes, not so your partner would ask, "who the hell are you?" but something that will make your partner take a second look at you, or make your partner fall in love with you over and over again.

I hope that answers Dena's question, and I know I am going to get loads of flak from some readers, I am not going to mention any names, haha... but this is my opinion, take it or leave it. I am in the fortunate position that I married a girl that has all of these good qualities, so it is possible to be like this. And believe me, she will not go anywhere if she doesn't feel dressed properly, or if her hair isn't perfect. I reckon pride has a lot to do with it also.

To proof what I just said, this is what Yolande looks like on an average day. (not the best pic I know, but I took it and I am no account with a camera.)



Well, it is time for you girls to pick up the stones, let me know when to start ducking. Do I expect too much, and men in general, do we expect too much from the fairer sex? The floor is yours, you can start throwing.

Have a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment