Thursday, March 10, 2011

Have some reports from some local anglers


Due to the fact that I have to work for the next 7 days I wont be able to post my personal fishing reports, but Ive talked to a few anglers and compiled a few hot spots for the upcoming weekend.

If you plan on fishing Spanish Lake, I would head to the far west corner. There is a fence line that protrudes out into the lake, At this time of year the bass, which are few, will spawn along this area. If the conditions are rite you can site fish them. I spoke with a biologist and he stated that during there recent survey they were able to shock up a few fish. Mostly cat fish and carp but some huge bass did surface, one of which was 10 plus pounds. Like I said they are few, but there are some big ones. Concentrate on this area.

If you plan on heading out and trying for some red fish around the point. They are catching some on marsh island. If you can find some clean water moving either incoming or outgoing, I prefer out going. I like to throw a orange head, chase's weight under a popping cork. Bait it with some fresh
shrimp or if you are capable of getting live shrimp that will work best. I made a trip last month with a friend of mine on the island and in 12 cast we caught 10 keeper reds. March 19 there will be a SFA tournament out at the point if you want more info on this you can go by Dago's in lydia or contact me by email wesleyverret@yahoo.com.


For those of you planning on hitting the basin this weekend, I would focus on Amaroda off the river. When the water gets around 13 feet (Butte Larose river gauge) its a good place to catch some nice bass and sacaulait, If I were off this weekend this is where I would be headed.

Also don't forget about Lake Martin, March is an excellent time for some bass and sacaulait. I usually focus my efforts on the Northwest side of the lake.

If you plan on heading to Lake Peigneaur, head over to the rip van winkle gardens start there and fish toward the rock jetties. Usually a 4 inch gulp natural shrimp or 5inch new penny rigged with a jig head bounced off the bottom will do the trick. If the weather conditions are windy with some clouds I like to throw a chartreuse crank bait with a black back. If there is a red around he will go for it. You can also carolina rig some shrimp or cut mullet on the bottom and catch some catfish at the entrance of the lake

After sunday Ill have a report on Toledo bend.

Well thats all I have for now. If you have any ideas about anything that would help, Please email me at wesleyverret@yahoo.com. Gas prices are to high to go out and not catching anything just makes it worse. Good luck to everyone heading out this weekend and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment